Tuesday 1 February 2011

Dear Running Supporters

Two years ago you very kindly supported me in want was to be my first half Marathon, well I am back and now running a full Marathon and I plan to finish it on the same day.

This time round I am running for Sparks, please take a second to read below –

During my first running endeavour I met a chap via Justgiving who was running the Great North Run. His son died at only 3 weeks old, the unexplained cot death. He tells his story of how he regrets not getting chance to spend more time with him, not getting the chance to have a bit of one to one time, things which help that bond between father and son, not even getting the chance to see him smile. This sparked his running which gave him strength, he felt during running he was spending time with his son, the time he did not get when he was alive.

Sparks funds research into new treatments and cures for ALL conditions that affect babies and young children. Every day 70 babies are born in the UK with a condition that will affect them and their families for life. Please help us to change this, and give every child the start in life they deserve – a healthy one.

Thanks for reading; I will let you know how I am getting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment